What is Volunteer Toolkit (VTK)?
The Volunteer Toolkit (VTK) is a digital resource that supports troop leaders and co-leaders in making the process of running a troop easier and more efficient. It also makes it easy for parents to stay informed and engaged!
Based on troop leader feedback, we've rolled everything you need into an online organizational, planning and curriculum tool that's specifically designed to help you communicate and stay organized!
Need more information? Check out some of the toolkit’s top features below or visit the Volunteer Academy for more detailed information.
Through the VTK, troop leaders can:
- Plan the troop’s calendar year
- Email parents with one click.
- View the troop roster, renew girls’ membership, and update their contact information.
- View Daisy, Brownie, and
Junior Journeys and badges to plan for troop meetings.
o There are three prepopulated year plans in the VTK for Daisy, Brownie, and Junior leaders, with 15 meetings each.
- Customize meetings by troop year with other badge and Journey options.
- NEW! Access the VTK as a multilevel troop (troops with a mix of girls in Daisy, Brownie, and Junior levels).
- Explore individual meeting plans that show a breakdown of every meeting, including a list of the materials needed, and editable time allotments for each activity within a meeting.
- Record girls’ attendance at meetings and their badge and Journey achievements.
- Add council or custom troop events to the troop’s calendar.
- Enter the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
- Easily locate resources, such as Safety Activity Checkpoints.
- NEW! Access 18 activities that now include a “Get Outside” option, which provides alternative outdoor options.
What About Parents?
- Parents can now access the VTK to see what their girl’s troop
or group is doing (e.g, meeting information and which badges and
Journeys she is working on).
- Parents can also view the troop’s finances.