The research is clear – a girl’s skills and abilities bloom when she is around other girls, away from school pressures and social cliques. Through Girl Scouts, she takes on new challenges and learns by doing in an atmosphere of collaboration and goodwill. The Girl Scout Leadership Experience can be especially meaningful when delivered in a faith-centered context.
Girl Scouts is inclusive to all faiths. Our council welcomes Girl Scouts, Parents, Volunteers, and Troop Leaders to learn more about faith-based programming.
• Created by national religious organizations to encourage the spiritual growth of youth members, religious recognition programs reinforce many of the values integral to Girl Scouting and help girls grow stronger in and learn more about their chosen faith.
• Each religious organization develops and administers its own program. The brochure "To Serve God" (PDF) lists the religious recognitions created by various faith groups. You can find this brochure, a video explaining religious recognition programs, and other resources for collaborating with faith communities at P.R.A.Y. Publishing.
Some religious organizations are not affiliated with P.R.A.Y. or may not have a national office. To learn about their religious recognition, contact local leaders.
• Did you know that once a Girl Scout has completed earning their award, Girl Scouts Arizona Cactus-Pine Council will purchase the award and mail it to you? All you need to do is notify the council by completing the form Faith-Based Awards Submission
Interested in learning more about the faith-based curriculum?
• Feel free to contact our mighty customer care team at email@example.com, and they will connect you with a member of the Interfaith Committee to help.
Interfaith Committee is a collective of volunteers that support the movement within Faith-Based Girl Scouting. The committee meets quarterly and helps to support our council members in various facets of Interfaith.
• Examples include Signature Event planning, curriculum mentorship, and leading faith-based workshops to earn Religious Recognition Awards.
• If you are interested in learning more about the Interfaith Committee, please Feel free to contact our customer care team at firstname.lastname@example.org, and they will connect you with a member of the Interfaith Committee.
Signature Events- these events are sponsored by the Interfaith Committee and can be in-person or remote within a member’s faith-based organization. Some of the events include but are not limited to the following:
• International Peace Day
• Religions of the World
• Girl Scouts Celebrate Faith
• Faith Based Awards Recognition Luncheon