We are postponing or canceling all Council-sponsored in-person and hosted events, programs and activities through June 30. This includes:
- May 29-31 Camp Surf – postponed
- June 6 Lead the Way Conference – canceled
- June 12-14 Cookie Reward Flagstaff Camping Trip – postponed
- June 26-28 Surf Jamboree – postponed
- June 28-30 Cookie Reward Universal Studios & Beach Day – postponed
All cancellation and postponement notices will be issued directly to participants over the next few weeks. If applicable, full refunds will be issued. Council programs and trips scheduled for July and beyond are being evaluated and decisions will be made at a later date. Many programs are offered in partnership with other companies and vendors. In some cases, we are awaiting guidance from them.
See the Cookie Program section for more details on Cookie Reward Events.
Beyond June 30:
Summer 2020 GSUSA Destinations have been either canceled or postponed. All girls should have received notice from their respective Destination hosts. See the Girl Travel section for more detail.
Sept. 11-13 Jamboree 2020 – canceled due to safety concerns about such a large gathering. This was not an easy decision, but we’re working on rescheduling Jamboree in 2021.
- We have not yet been able to secure a future date, and so have decided to proactively refund all participants. Any monies paid will be refunded to the original method of payment.
- Jamboree 2020 registrants will be notified once a 2021 date is secure, and will have the first opportunity to register for Jamboree 2021.
- We will be transitioning to a new registration system in the late fall and anticipate that registration for Jamboree 2021 will be open towards the end of this calendar year.
- Graduating seniors with active membership will have the opportunity to participate in Jamboree 2021!
- Please contact email@example.com with questions.
GSUSA National Convention
Our National Board of Directors made the difficult decision to cancel the in-person events planned as part of G.I.R.L. 2020/Girl Scouts’ triennial National Convention in October. They will instead hold a virtual session so the business of Girl Scouting can continue in a timely manner. Delegates and Alternates elected to represent our Council at the virtual National Convention will receive the information for October’s meeting from GSUSA. The good news is they plan to hold the 2023 convention in Orlando. More on how GSUSA came to this decision.