- The troop representative should verify that the requested
signers have been registered and background checked.
- The troop representative should start the process by
choosing the new account link.
completion of the form each signer will be emailed instructions for
completing paperwork to the email provided in the request.
- The signers should complete all paperwork following
the instructions in the email. If those options are unavailable,
paper forms can be mailed to the Banking Coordinator at the Girl
Scouts Council at 119 E Coronado Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85004-1512
- Once all forms are returned, the Banking
Coordinator will forward to Wells Fargo.
account should be opened with 7-10 business days and Wells Fargo
will send an email to all parties with account number and next
- The troop should then make a deposit
within seven days, set up online banking, and add the Council
Representative to the online account. All directions are outlined
in the initial directions to the troop when the forms were
initially sent and again in the opening email from Wells
- Checks will be ordered by the Banking Coordinator
Important Contact Information
- Online Banking – 1-800-956-4442
- Request Debit Cards – please visit any branch
- Increase Card Limit – 1-800-225-5935
- Report Your Card Lost/Stolen – 1-800-225-5935
- Fraudulent Activity – 1-800-225-5935
Girl Scouts Banking Coordinator
Process for New Accounts
Process for Signer Change
Banking Dos and Don'ts
Online Banking Instructions