Faith Centered Scouting
Girl Scouts-Arizona Cactus-Pine Council supports every girl as she grows in her faith and develops the courage, confidence, and character needed to make the world a better place. Imagine what an entire generation of girls can do, when given the skills, leadership experience, and a solid grounding in the principles of their own faith.
What is Faith Centered Scouting?
The research is clear – a girl’s skills and abilities bloom when she is around other girls, away from school pressures and social cliques. Through Girl Scouts, she takes on new challenges and learns by doing, in an atmosphere of collaboration and goodwill. The Girl Scout Leadership Experience can be especially meaningful when delivered in a faith-centered context.
All Girl Scout programs may be enriched to include religious education, principles of a girl’s individual faith, and elements of her faith tradition. Through the efforts of qualified volunteers, including members of the clergy, the Girl Scout Leadership Experience can strongly support a girl’s growth in her faith, at the same time providing her with the opportunity to gain new skills and build self-esteem.
- Brownie – Earn the Philanthropist badge and learn what your faith tradition teaches about helping others.
- Junior – Earn the Playing the Past badge by learning all about prominent women in your faith from another time period.
- Cadette – Earn the Comic Artist Badge when you create a comic strip illustrating a favorite story from your faith.
- Senior – Create your own badge based on your faith and interests.
- Ambassador – Earn the prestigious Girl Scout Gold Award by putting your faith into action and developing a project to positively impact your community.
- My Promise, My Faith Pin – Carefully examine the Girl Scout Law and compare it to tenets of your own faith. Girl Scouts of all levels may earn this pin.
Girl Scouts–Arizona Cactus-Pine Council offers a variety of resources and information to support families seeking a faith-centered Girl Scout Leadership Experience.
To learn more about enriching Girl Scout program with the elements of your own faith, contact Amanda Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 602.452.7056.
Sign up for Faith Centered Initiatives Email Updates to receive information, updates and special event invites!