Council's Own Badges
Each Council within Girl Scouts of the USA has the opportunity to create council-specific badges that relate to unique qualities of their council. The following guidelines outline the appropriate considerations for creating a Council’s Own Badge for Girl Scouts–Arizona Cactus-Pine Council and the necessary requirements to apply for one.
- download guideline packet
- download Designing Your Council's Own Badge form
GSACPC Council’s Own Badges and Patches
Council sponsored programs also include special badges and patches developed around particular themes relevant to Girl Scout program emphases. To earn the badges and patches, girls are required to complete a number of activities specified and a number of other activities involving the service to our community. Council sponsored badges and patches are available to troop, groups, individual girl members and individual troop members.
Council’s own badges and patches are developed by members of the Girl Scouts–Arizona Cactus Pine Council to meet the needs and interests of girls in Arizona. Badges may be worn on the front of the Girl Scout vest or sash while, patches may be worn on the back.
Please see below for a complete listing of updated Council’s Own Patch and requirements. As they are updated, council’s own patch links will be made active.
For more information, contact Margaret Spicer.
Council’s Own Badges
- Arizona Badge for Girl Scout Brownies
- Arizona Badge for Girl Scout Juniors
- Arizona Badge for Girl Scout Cadettes & Girl Scout Seniors
- Arizona Native American Badge for Girl Scout Brownies
- Arizona Native American Badge for Girl Scout Juniors
- Arizona Native American Badge for Girl Scout Cadettes and Girl Scout Seniors
- Sandra Day O'Connor Civic Leadership Badge
Council’s Own Patches
- All About Birds
- America Cares
- Biosphere Adventure
- Canyonland Trails
- Getting to Know the Desert
- Girl Scout History – Brownies
- Girl Scout History – Juniors
- Girl Scout History – Cadettes and Seniors
- GSACPC Horse Program
- Inchworm of Service
- Kartchner Caverns
- Our Community, Our Culture
- Red Rock Trails
- Riordan Mansion
- Religions of the World
- South Mountain Trails
- Summer Action
- Water Conservation
- Words Rock – Scrabble
- World Friendship
The following have been retired:
- Archery Junior Badge
- Archery Interest Project
- Creepy Crawly Brownie Try-It ^
- Disability Awareness *
- Hearing Impaired and Deaf Awareness * ^
- Hispanic Heritage * ^
- Homelessness Awareness *
- Horsin’ Around Brownie Try-It
- I Have a Dream * ^
- Lend a Hand
- Seven Days of Sunshine ^
* Will be combined into one inclusion/diversity patch program.
^ May still be completed while supplies last at the Council Shop.