Take Action Connection
August 3, 2013 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Dubois Conference Center | Northern Arizona University
- Do you want to earn one of the highest awards in Girl Scouting?
- Do you want to learn what it takes to earn one of these awards?
- Do you want to learn how to Take Action?
- Are you a non-profit organization or government agency who knows of problems or issues that girls could address? Do you have services that could help girls take action?
Take Action Connection is an event for girls, adults and the community to connect with each other. It is open to girls entering grades 4-12 and their troop leaders and parents from across the council to learn more about how to plan and implement Bronze, Silver or Gold Award projects. Girls attending this event will be looking for problems so they can address the root cause with their high award projects. The event has exhibiting opportunities for non-profit organizations and government agencies to share information with girls about the problems or issues that they face and to connect with girls on possible take action projects. Businesses that have resources and expertise that could benefit girls and their Bronze, Silver or Gold Award projects are also welcome as exhibitors.
The event will include:
- Barbara A Lewis as a keynote speaker. She is the author of several books that inspire kids and teens to take action and solve real problems
- Workshops covering topics like how to create a timeline for your project, budgeting and donations, what does a project advisor do, and how to turn a community service project into a take action project
- Exhibitor Hall
- Council Shop
Register today to be a part of this event and discover, connect and take action!
Partially sponsored by Kappa Delta Sorority