WHO: Girls going into Kindergarten (or 1st grade) in fall 2020
Unbox Happiness This Summer with Girl Scouts!
Petal Power is a program for pre-K girls. It’s an opportunity for girls to try out Girl Scouting and get a sample of what Girl Scout Daisies (grades k-1) do, BEFORE school starts!
Girls will receive three subscription-like boxes filled with supplies for activities throughout the summer to kick-start their Girl Scout journey. Watch your daughters’ eyes light up when she unboxes her first delivery! She’ll have the opportunity to join a troop of fellow Daisies at our end of summer celebration. We’ll kick-off the school year with other Petal Power families and new friends! It’s the perfect way to get your little one into Girl Scouting!
COST: $35 (covers membership now through September 2021)
This program is for new Girl Scouts only. For financial assistance please call 602-452-7040.
- 2019-20 Girl Scout Membership ($25 value)
- 2020-21 Girl Scout Membership ($25 value)
- Monthly Program Packet sent by mail May-July
- Invitation to a celebration to wrap up the program and kick-off Girl Scouts!
What to Expect From Each Box!
- May - Introduction to Girl Scouts through story, hands-on activities, and songs. Earn your first award: the Safety Pin that encourages girls to learn their phone number, address, what to do if they get lost, how to help someone who is choking and what to do if there is a fire.
- June - Earn your first badge: Eco Learner – prepare to explore the outdoors, learn to Leave No Trace and play a game about nature you see around you. Blue Cross Blue Shield sponsors the All About Healthy Living Patch - this program inspires girls to learn about five areas of wellness through fun activities like jump rope, building friendships, planting seeds, discovering new fruits and vegetables and becoming a citizen scientist.
- July - Summer Fun continues with the Daisy Girl Scout Badge: Board Game Design where girls play and create their own fun. Petsmart Charities Paw Patch shares four themes around Pets; animal careers, advocacy, pet care, and responsibility.