Cookie Sellers who earn the Girl Experience Rewards are allowed to use Program Credits (just for the girl awardee) for qualifying items and additional activities. The Program Credits cannot be used to purchase additional member tickets/activities. Program Credits cannot be used for reimbursement of food or souvenirs.
Notice: Program Credits generally expire 15 months from issue date, however due to COVID-19, the expiration of program credits earned during the 2020 Cookie Program have been extended to December 2021. Program credits earned during the 2019 Cookie Program and Fall Product Sale have also been extended, expiring July 2021.
Program Credits work similarly to a gift card and is a girl reward
earned through selling Girl Scout Cookies and Fall Product. Girls may
choose Program Credits instead of selected Cookie Reward items and
they can be used to pay for a variety of Girl Scout products and
activities. IGMs will also earn additional
Program Credits in lieu of troop proceeds.
It is important to remember that Program Credits belong to the girl,
not the troop, and a girl may spend her Program Credits as she and her
guardian sees fit. One guardian may use the Program Credits when
accompanying the Girl Scout for any event, programming,
training, and or membership. Council will register the participant(s)
on the back-end. Program Credits can only be transferred between
registered Girl Scout siblings.
Program Credits can offset costs for:
- Council Shop
- GSUSA Shop Online
- Council-Sponsored Programs
- Third-Party Council-Sponsored Programs
- Membership Registration / Lifetime Membership Dues
- Council Summer Camp
- Service Unit Encampments or Day Camp
- GSUSA Destinations
- High Awards Projects (Bronze, Silver and Gold, Take Actions reports must be on record prior to reimbursement request)
Program credits WILL NOT be processed for:
- Deposits (You must pay the deposit using a credit card. The account must be established so Program Credits may be placed in that account. Registration will be verified by Council Staff prior to Program Credits being applied.) For those with a balance on any account such as a trip, balances must be paid in order to be reimbursed.
- Other council events (Program credits cannot be transferred from council to council)
Siblings must be a registered member in order to each other’s program credits. If the program card does not have the full amount, spots will not be held until payment is made in full. Contact Customer Care at 602-452-7030 to complete payment.
It is important to remember that Program Credits belongs to the girl, not the troop, and a girl may spend her Program Credits as she and her guardian sees fit.
Third-Party Council-Sponsored Programs
Membership Dues & Lifetime Membership
Service Unit Encampments or Day Camps
High Awards Projects