On the Path to Gold
We look forward every year to honor our Silver and Bronze Award Girl Scouts.
Did you know that for member year 2020-21 there are over 160 Silver Award Girl Scouts and about 200 Bronze Award Girl Scouts being recognized this year? Wow. We are so proud.
To ensure that each girl feels special and recognized, we’d like to share some ideas that you can do as a troop, for the troop, or for girls to mark this special achievement.
Ways to Celebrate Before Ceremony
- Yard Signs – Download a printable Silver or Bronze Award sign and craft it into a yard sign to post at her house for her neighbors to see her accomplishment.
- Troop Activity DIY – Create a troop poster or picture frame celebrating the achievement, highlighting the project, and how girls made an impact in the world. Have girls take turns displaying it at home!
- Be part of our ceremony collage – Submit a photo and brief project description using the Story Submission Form to be featured in a mini-collage on the day of the virtual ceremony! Deadline is March 1.
- Council Shop – Share with parents and browse the Council Shop’s Highest Awards gifts. From notebooks, jewelry, key chains and accessories there are all types of gifts for awardees.
Ways to Celebrate Day of Ceremony
- Drop off small gift with a note to congratulate girls. Here
are some ideas:
- Small flower bunch with a note
- Donut or snack with note
- Troop photo and frame with a note
- Host a pre-event troop mini-celebration! Share breakfast “together” virtually, discuss plans to make an impact and earn the next award!
- Plan a color theme – Bronze and Silver Award recipients can attend the virtual meeting by coordinating a unique colored blouse or virtual background.
- Have a virtual post-event troop celebration – celebrate together, dance to songs, and enjoy an after-ceremony snack!
Share Your Achievement on Social Media
Be Featured in Our Magazine and on GSACPC Social Media
What else has your troop been up to? Highlight your troop in the upcoming GS Connections magazines and on social by letting us know of the service projects, outdoor adventures, activities, and badges your earning by submitting a story using the Share my Story form. We want to see you in action and feature you!