Rosie the Roadrunner is on the run! Can you find her winning ticket?
GSACPC invites you to join Rosie on her Instagram Scavenger Hunt! Girls will have the chance to win some cool prizes all while discovering more about Arizona!
How to play
- Follow @GSACPC on Instagram!
- Watch for the daily clue about Rosie’s whereabouts to be posted on GSACPC’s Instagram Story. Clues will be posted at 10:00 AM every day from Nov. 12-17, 2018.
- Solve the clues and find the winning ticket located somewhere around Arizona (Hint: For this first round, the ticket will be hidden somewhere around the Phoenix Metro area!)
- Locate the winning ticket and win one of three prizes available – by playing in-person or online!
Metro Phoenix participants - take a picture with the ticket to win.
Digital participants - message us on Instagram with the location answer to win!
Who can play - Girl Scouts–Arizona Cactus-Pine Council girl members and their friends!
- Individual Girl Winner - $25 GSACPC Council Shop Gift Card
- Individual Girl Digital Winner (Who is located in an Extended Area) - $15 GSACPC Council Shop Gift Card
- Winning Troop - World Thinking Day Package - Booth* fees waived for up to 15 girls for our World Thinking Day event on Feb. 22, 2019 OR choice of free admission to the event.
*Hosting a World Thinking Day booth includes patch and earned recognition badge.
**Must be following @GSACPC on Instagram to win
About Rosie the Roadrunner
- Although she can fly, she prefers to run; and can run up to 20 miles per hour.
- She eats fruits, seeds, insects, small reptiles, rodents and is one of very few birds who is known to hunt rattlesnakes.
- She enjoys perching high to sunbathe.
- Family: Cuculidae (Cuckoos), Order: Cuculiformes
- Native to the Southwestern desert.
Where and how do I download Instagram?
Instagram is a free downloadable photo sharing social app. You can download it on your smart phone through your app store including Apple App Store and Google Play. Create an account and follow @GSACPC.
Where do I find the clues?
Clues will be posted on the Instagram “Stories” feature, on the @GSACPC account page. There will be 5 clues posted during the week of Nov. 12-16, one clue being posted each day at 3:00 PM.
Once I think I know where the winning ticket is, what do I do?
Individual Girls and Troops – Once you think you know where the physical winning ticket is, head out to that location to collect it. Take a picture with the ticket and send a message via Instagram to @GSACPC.
Digital Participants – If you know where the physical winning ticket is, send a message to @GSACPC with your response! First participant to submit the correct location wins!
Tips for Troop Leaders, Volunteers and Parents
- Safety first! We encourage girls to get out to find the ticket when possible. Be sure to act smart and stay safe.
- Remember girl-led! Encourage the girls to solve the clues on their own and assist them only when needed.