Thin Mint Sprint is a great way to learn all about Girl Scouts – whether you are currently a member and want more info or you’re interested in joining! Plus, Fun Run participants will get to stop for GS activities at four stations throughout the course to put their G.I.R.L. (Go-getter, Innovator, Risk-taker, and Leader) skills into action. The event also includes a healthy living, sports and fitness-themed fair and snacks from community partners. And if you have a competitive spirit, come ready to post your best time – gold, silver and bronze medals are awarded in each age group. All participants will receive a t-shirt and an awesome patch to match.
It’s only a couple months away! Whether you’ve been training all year or you’re just getting into a workout routine, there are a few important things to remember when getting ready:
- You don’t have to be a runner to participate! Plenty of people choose to walk the 5K, and we offer easier options like the 1-mile Samoa Stroll and G.I.R.L. Fun Run.
- Whether you run or walk,
- Stay hydrated – be sure to drink plenty of water before and during the event.
- Wear proper shoes for running/walking. Close-toed shoes are important to avoid injury.
- Stretch – it’ll help avoid injury and prepare you for the run.
- Be ready for any weather - it could be a little chilly or a little warm, but you don’t want to be too much of either.
- Finally, have fun! Although there are prizes to be won, this is an exciting family event, and so having fun is the most important part.