More than 15,000 Girl Scouts from GSACPC will participate in the largest girl-led business, the Girl Scout Cookie Program!
Starting January 18 to February 28, girls will be selling delicious Girl Scout Cookies in local neighborhoods and stores AND for the first time ever, they will be selling digitally! Plus, the award-winning Girl Scout Cookie Dessert Challenge, and one of our beloved cookie flavors is coming back.
Digital Cookie 2.0
GSACPC is excited to participate in Digital Cookies 2.0 for the first time! This enhancement gives girls a robust, hands-on, and entertaining learning experience, while also allowing them to become familiar with digital business and sales concepts, explore philanthropic ways to invest their cookie earnings, learn about Internet safety, and more.
The Return of Favorite Flavors
Savannah Smiles are back by popular demand! Customers love this crispy, zesty lemon wedge cookie dusted with powdered sugar.
For the second year in a row, some girls will be selling a limited quantity of gluten free Toffee-tastics, at $5 per package. These are rich, buttery cookies packed with golden toffee bits bursting with flavor.
These returning flavors join the traditional favorites: Thin Mints, Samoas, Tagalongs, Trefoils, and Do-si-dos.
Cookie Dessert Challenge
For the third year in a row, chefs from 15 restaurants across the Valley and Flagstaff will go head-to-head to create a winning dessert using one of the Girl Scout cookie flavors. These creations will be sold in their restaurants throughout February. The chefs are putting their support behind the girls and want to inspire the community to do the same. Valley favorites such as The Henry, Kelly’s at SouthBridge, and Churn, are all creating delicious desserts! See a map of all participating restaurants!
How Girls Benefit
All proceeds from Girl Scout Cookie Program are used to support Girl Scout programming in Arizona. Beyond that, the Cookie Program gives girls the opportunity to learn important business and entrepreneurial skills like goal setting, decision-making, money management, people skills and business ethics.
“Through customer interactions, girls have a unique experience to learn about and connect with their community, build confidence, problem solve and work together. Much of the benefit for girls comes from learning by doing -- one of the most meaningful and memorable ways to gain new skills,” said Tamara Woodbury, CEO of GSACPC.
How the Community Benefits
The Gift of Caring program allows customers to purchase cookies and donate them to community partners, which allows girls to learn about serving their community and social responsibility. Recipients of donated cookies include: St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance, St. Vincent de Paul Food Pantries and USO Arizona.
All the ways to find and enjoy cookies to support local Girl Scouts this season!
- At your door – Girls will be walking around their neighborhoods with cookies in hand – no waiting on orders!
- Cookie Finder app will locate nearby booths. Go to www.girlscoutcookies.org or install the free Girl Scout Cookie Finder app on your mobile device from Google Play or the Apple store.
- Booths at your favorite grocery or retail stores. Partners like Fry’s, Safeway, Sam’s Club and Walmart provide girls with sales space across the state.
- Digital Cookie allows girls to market their cookie business by inviting customers to visit their personalized cookie websites via email. Once online, customers can order cookies, pay by credit card and have their cookies shipped directly to their home.
- Use the Dessert Challenge map to locate participating restaurants, and try their Girl Scout Cookie Dessert.
Be sure to get social! Tag any and all of your Girl Scout Cookie finds in photos and posts with #CookieBoss and/or #GirlScoutsAZ!