A Day in the Life of a Camper
For many resident campers, summer camp starts before you ever arrive at camp. If you ride the bus, you’ll get to meet other campers who are just as excited and nervous about camp as you might be feeling. Sometimes a movie is shown on the ride to camp and sometimes camp staff will also be riding the bus and might lead everyone in a song or two!
Your First Day
When you arrive at camp, whether by bus or parent drop-off, we will get you checked in and make sure you have the opportunity to use the bathroom and fill up your water bottle. You will be introduced to your counselors and while you wait for everyone to arrive you will play games that will help you meet everyone in your unit and start making friends! Once everyone has arrived, you will go to your unit and talk about what the week will be like and get settled into your cabin. The entire camp will meet before dinner for a flag ceremony, and in the evening everyone gathers together again for the opening campfire program.
A Typical Day's Schedule
Although each group of campers has a slightly different schedule, a typical day at resident camp might look like this:
- 7:45am – Morning Flag Ceremony
- 8:00am – Breakfast in the dining hall
- 9:00am – Morning Activities – whatever your unit has scheduled
- 12:30pm – Lunch
- 1:30pm – Me Time (personal time to relax, read, write letters home, etc.)
- 2:30pm – Afternoon Activities
- 5:45pm – Evening Flag Ceremony
- 6:00pm – Dinner
- 7:30pm – Evening activities (campfires, dance parties, skit nights, etc)
- 9:00–10:00pm – Lights out, depending on age of camper