Journey Series at Camp
Currently there are three Journey series, with one book for each level in Girl Scouting.
- It’s Your World - Change It!
- It’s Your Planet - Love It!
- It's Your Story - Tell It!
The New Girl Scout Leadership Experience features "journeys" in which girls:
- Gain a global and multicultural perspective.
- Learn about the history of Girl Scouting and its traditions.
- Embrace the values expressed in the Girl Scout Law.
- Become environmentally aware and develop attitudes and self-understanding that promote healthy living.
By focusing on Journeys at camp, campers will receive higher quality programs that better encompass the Girl Scout Leadership Experience, giving your camper the opportunity to intentionally work towards such outcomes as developing a stronger sense of self, gaining practical life skills, seeking challenges in the world, developing healthy relationships, promoting cooperation and team building, and becoming resourceful problem solvers.
Looking for more information about how Journeys fit into Girl Scouts and camp? Explore the Journey Maps at http://www.girlscouts.org/program/journeys/maps/