Girl Scouts Forever Green Project Instructions
Welcome and thank you for your participation in our council’s GSFG community action project!
Girl Scouts, from our council, will join forces with Girl Scouts and Girl Guides to Reduce Plastic Waste during the weeks of April 1-30. This project will feature the use of a council issued or favorite water bottle, for all liquid intakes of participants, for the duration of the project timeline. The use of reusable water bottles will eliminate the need to purchase and dispose of plastics.
The outcomes of our water bottle project will be combined with the results of other U.S. and WAGGGS councils, across the world, to underscore our organization’s commitment to saving our planet.
Reduce Plastic Waste Community Action Project Procedures
- Use the Girl Scouts Forever Green (GSFG) sign up form to register your troop/group/IGM to participate in this project.
- Project Coordinator visits the GSUSA Girl Scouts Forever Green site to register the troop/group/IGM project online.
- All participants, girls and adults, are required to visit the site to take the GSFG Online Pledge. GS Daisy and GS Brownie levels should be assisted, by adults, to complete this very important step.
- The Project Coordinator will supply a copy of the I Refilled My Water Bottle log form to each participant.
- During the month of April, participants track the number of refills (any liquid) by completing their form daily.
- At the end of the project cycle, (April 30), all participants return completed log sheets to the Project Coordinator.
Upon receipt of log sheets, the Project Coordinator will:
- Total all log sheet numbers and complete the Reduce Plastic Waste Final Roster/Refill Totals form.
- Return to the GSUSA GSFG site, to record the total results of troop/group/IGM project.
- Fax or email completed Reduce Plastic Waste Final Roster/Refill Totals form to: 602.452.7100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Girl Scouts Forever Green patches and certificates will be distributed to troops/groups/IGM’s in order of receipt of final paper work. (Note: Reduce Plastic Waste Final Roster/Refill Totals form must be emailed to council office in order to receive GSFG patches and certificates)
- March 30 – GSFG Community Action Project Form due to council
- April 1-30 – Take Action project start and finish
- May 15-30 – Final paper work due to council office
- May 30 – Patch & certificate distribution to participants begins
Don't forget to have fun while learning new ways to Reduce and Reuse. Good luck and please send us pictures, stories etc. of your troop/group/IGM working on their Reduce Plastic Waste project. Email Karen Cunha with question or concerns.