What is Volunteer Toolkit (VTK)?
The Volunteer Toolkit (VTK) is a digital resource that supports troop leaders and co-leaders in making the process of running a troop easier and more efficient. It also makes it easy for parents to stay informed and engaged!
Based on troop leader feedback, we've rolled everything you need into an online organizational, planning and curriculum tool that's specifically designed to help you communicate and stay organized!
Log in today! Click on My GS in the upper right-hand corner.
First time user? Use this handy guide!
Need more information? Check out some of the toolkit’s top features below. Then watch the tutorial video playlist for a detailed walk-through.
Through the VTK, troop leaders can:
- NEW! Access the VTK as a multilevel troop.
- NEW! Access 18 activities that now include a “Get Outside” option, which provides alternative outdoor options.
- Plan the troop’s calendar year.
- Email parents with one click.
- View the troop roster, renew girls’ membership, and update their contact information.
- View Daisy, Brownie, and Junior Journeys and badges to plan for troop meetings.
- There are three prepopulated year plans in the VTK for Daisy, Brownie, and Junior leaders, with 15 meetings each.
- Customize meetings by troop year with other badge and Journey options.
- Explore individual meeting plans that show a breakdown of every meeting, including a list of the materials needed, and editable time allotments for each activity within a meeting.
- Record girls’ attendance at meetings and their badge and Journey achievements.
- Add council or custom troop events to the troop’s calendar.
- Enter the troop’s finances.
- Easily locate resources, such as Safety Activity Checkpoints.
What About Parents?
- Parents can now access the VTK to see what their girl’s troop or group is doing (e.g, meeting information and which badges and Journeys she is working on).
- Parents can also view the troop’s finances.