Work At Camp
Consider working at one of our summer camps. You’ll work outdoors with girls of different ages and learn and share valuable skills. Our staff knows how to work hard and play hard. We offer camp experiences like no other, complete with wireless internet access, and most weekends off (Friday-Sunday) to explore all that Arizona has to offer.
We have three unique resident camps from which to choose and each one has its own specialty. Learn more about each of our camps and discover the right camp for you. See what programs are being offered at each camp.
Applying is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- READ about each of our unique camps and find out what positions we still have available.
- APPLY! Click here to fill out the staff application. This process will take you about 15 minutes. Please have contact information for your references and any previous employers ready. You will not be able to save your progress and you will need to start over if you choose to leave the application unfinished. If your skills and qualification match what we are looking for we will call you to schedule a phone interview.
- REFERENCES Choose 3 people who are not friends or family to submit references for you. They will need to access the online reference form, or you will need to send them the hardcopy reference form to fill out. Having your references submit their forms now will expedite your application process. If sending the PDF – have reference email the completed reference directly to the Camp Director of your first camp choice OR mail a hard copy to the Camp Director at: 119 E. Coronado Road, Phoenix, AZ 85004.
The most direct link to our campers, unit staff work in teams to supervise camper groups. Unit Staff get to bond closely with campers offering them support and supervision during their summer camp experience. Unit Staff often participate in many of the camp activities alongside their campers. Our units groups are divided based on grade level and program.
- Unit Leader – Provides leadership and schedule planning for units of 10-25 girls and 4-5 staff members, as well as all the functions of a Unit Counselor.
- Unit Counselor – Directly responsible for the safety, well-being and FUN for a group of 10-25 girls and working collaboratively with 4-5 other staff members.
Our program staff are hired to lead a specific program activity such as ceramics, climbing, canoeing, dance, theatre, nature studies, outdoor skills, canoeing, archery, and others! Although experience in the specific activity is required for many of the instructor positions, we also offer training. There are also several instructor positions where no experience is required.
If you have a passion for horses and sharing your knowledge and horsemanship skills with youth, Camp Maripai might be the place for you! Our team of riding staff teaches group arena lessons and ground lessons, leads trail rides through our property and the surrounding national forest, and cares for our herd of horses. Western riding experience is required.
Have you worked at a camp before? Do you have strong leadership skills? Consider joining our leadership team. Positions include Assistant Camp Director, Program Director, and Unit Leaders.
If you have experience in the areas of meal prep (kitchen), medical services (infirmary), or business (business manager) we need you!