An e-mail with encampment attachments will be sent to your Neighborhood Manager or Encampment Coordinator during the Encampment rotation process. These attachments will provide the Neighborhood with the most recent information regarding reserving sites for Neighborhood encampments. The Council Facilities Request (PROP-11) form emailed to you in an attachment is an electronic form. Once complete, please return the form by the required due date to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Neighborhood request will be processed according to the current encampment process.
A confirmation packet will be e-mailed once your requested date has been processed. The information included will be:
- Encampment Confirmation showing date and camp assignment
- Council Facilities Reservation (PROP-10) form
- How to Reserve Camp document
- Camp map (site map and driving directions)
- Encampment Check List
- Incident Accident Report (AD-44) form
- First Aid/Medicine Report
We suggest you review all information in the packet carefully. You then have 15 days to submit a Council Facilities Reservation (PROP-10) form and $100 registration fee to hold the date.
Neighborhoods will receive only one encampment through this process. For additional camp usage, refer to How Do I Reserve a Camp Site? Troops and Other Girl Scout Events.
90 DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR CAMPING DATE, the following should be completed and mailed to Encampment Coordinator:
- the Council Facilities Reservation (PROP-10)
- the security deposit (a separate check for $250, refundable)
- the fees for persons and buildings (a separate check minus the $100 registration fee)
- the fees for any Programs
- copies of Troop Camp, First Aid/CPR/AED and Program certificates/cards
- encampment agenda
- Each troop must complete the Troop Trip Application (MS-50a) and submit to MSE (Membership Services Executive) three weeks in advance of event.
* If all paperwork, fees and deposits are not submitted to the council 90 days prior to the event, your date will be put back on the calendar open to “ALL” on a first come-first serve basis.
Changes in the number of participants should be emailed or faxed to the Encampment Coordinator as soon as possible. A new Council Facilities Reservation form may be requested at discretion of the Coordinator.
After your event, the Camp Manager will forward an evaluation of your group along with final counts to the Property Dept. Once this report and a completed online evaluation have been received, as well as any outstanding balance has been paid, the security deposit will be returned (assuming no unusual circumstances or damages to the buildings).