As we get ready for the 2017 Cookie Season, here are five things you need to know!
- Cookies Prices Increase. After holding the cookies prices steady for 10 years, the price of Thin Mints, Samoas, Tagalongs, Do-si-dos, Trefoils and Savannah Smiles will increase to $5 a package. The Cookie Program is our largest source of income. Revenues from the cookie sale support troop activities and service projects, provide girl rewards, maintain our four camp facilities, develop relevant girl programs, deliver volunteer training and support, and provide financial assistance to keep Girl Scouting available and affordable for the 22,000 girls in our Council. All the proceeds stay in Arizona and benefit every Girl Scout in our Council.
- Proceeds Increase. Troops will earn 90¢ per package sold – a 17% increase in proceeds.
- New Cookie – S’mores. The new S’mores-inspired cookie is a crunchy graham cookie with creamy chocolate and marshmallowy filling.
- Digital Cookie has a Mobile App and more delivery options. The mobile app can be used on walkabouts and for in-person sales and allows girls to take credit cards. Cookies ordered via Digital Cookie can be shipped or delivered directly to the customer.
- Girls Can Earn Program Credits. Cookie Dough is now called Program Credits. Girls may select Program Credits in lieu of some girl reward items. Program Credits can be used to pay for Girl Scout camp, Girl Scout travel, Girl Scout program, membership fees, and at the Council Shop. IGM girls earn additional Program Credits because they do not earn troop proceeds. All Program Credits expire 15 months after date of issue.
Cookies go on sale January 23 - March 5. Meet the cookies here!