Girl Scouts of the USA is proud of its 100-year relationship with the Catholic Church and is very pleased the US Conference of Catholic Bishops has included on its website pages titled "Questions and Answers About Girl Scouts of the USA and About Catholic Scouting" and "Background on Girl Scouts of the USA and USCCB Conversations." The following documents and resources will help you better understand GSUSA's relationship with the Catholic Church and gain useful information about some of our programs.
- A letter to the National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry from GSUSA CEO Anna Maria Chávez affirming GSUSA's commitment to the partnership and our 500,000 Catholic members.
- Independent third-party research resulted in the Alumnae Impact Study, which found that Girl Scout alumnae demonstrate positive life outcomes to a greater degree than non-alumnae with regard to several key indicators, including sense of self, volunteerism and community work, civic engagement, education, and income/socioeconomic status.
- A description of GSUSA's My Promise, My Faith program, which invites girls of all ages to explore their faith, and information about the role that troop leaders and other adults play in helping girls strengthen their understanding of their faith. Through this program, girls are also encouraged to earn their faith organization's emblems and recognitions.
- A roundup of the Take Action projects girls who are earning Girl Scouting's highest awards have accomplished at Catholic churches.
- Information about the Girl Scout Cookie Program, an entrepreneurial venture that teaches girls skills that will serve them well in their life, including goal setting, decision making, money management, people skills, and business ethics.
- A USDA-Girl Scouts report on 35 projects led by middle school girls in rural communities throughout the country. The report includes a look at four standout Take Action projects addressing local needs that made significant positive impact in the lives of community residents.
GSUSA appreciates you taking the time to familiarize yourself with the information in the above resources. We look forward to extending our 100 year relationship with the Catholic Church and Catholic communities throughout the country.