Five Skills for Girls
The 5 Skills in Action
Through Girl Scouting, girls become leaders in their daily lives and prepare for their bright futures, too! The Girl Scout Cookie Program provides an important ingredient for leadership by helping girls develop five key skills:
- Goal Setting: Because your Girl Scout sets cookie sales goals and develops a plan to reach them
- Decision Making: Because your Girl Scout helps decide how her team will spend their cookie money
- Money Management: Because your Girl Scout takes cookie orders and handles customers’ money
- People Skills: Because your Girl Scout learns how to talk and listen to all kinds of people while selling cookies
- Business Ethics: Because your Girl Scout is honest and responsible at every step of the cookie sale
Coach Your Girl Scout
- Listen to her practice her sales pitch.
- Review cookie materials together and visit Girl Scout Cookie and cookie company Web sites with her to help her learn more about her product.
- Ask her questions – maybe even pretend to be a potential customer and do a little role-play!
- Guide her to set practical and useful goals about what she wants to learn and earn.
- Listen to her describe what her goals are for the money earned through the sale.
- Be a role model for business ethics and safety rules!
- Have fun with her!